Oslob Whale Shark Encounter
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
Apart from the thrill of swimming with the world's largest fish , the tour raises awareness of the need to protect the whale sharks. We are dedicated to ensure this unique wildlife encounter is safe, enjoyable and totally memorable.
Join our Whale Shark Encounter Tour as we take you on a snorkelling experience like no other, swimming alongside a whale shark on a day of adventure and discovery in Oslob Cebu.
From the moment you are welcomed aboard our airconditioned vans you’ll feel the warm and friendly environment which, coupled with personal service, sets the company apart from others. Our dedicated guiding staff are absolutely passionate about their work and love to share their intimate knowledge of whale sharks and the marine environment with guests. Guests are safe in the hands of our experienced crew, who have many years of marine experience to ensure your safety.
From the pick-up location in your hotel, a van will take you to Oslob, about two and a half hours from Cebu City. Along the way you will be shown many other popular natural attractions of Cebu.
This tour is a whole day activity and is not offered as a half-day tour.
07:00 am - Pick up at Hotel
10:00 am - Breakfast at Oslob
10:30 am - Orientation prior to Whale Shark Encounter
11:00 am - Whale shark viewing (additional charge for snorkeling)
12:00 pm - Lunch
01:00 pm - Visit Tumalog falls
02:00 pm - Visit Baluarte & Quartel Heritage SItes
02:30 pm - Visit Boljoon Historic Church
03:30pm - Visit Carcar Shoe Expo
05:00pm - ETA back to Cebu City & drop-off at Hotel
From courtesy pick-up to drop-off the tour includes everything – transfers from your hotel to Oslob Cebu, english speaking tour guides, delicious breakfast and lunch meals, lifejackets, snorkel gear and mask, support from friendly qualified staff, a safety boat and safety swimmers.
How to swim and snorkle with the whale sharks - In order not to disturb the gentle giants while you are in the water, keep in mind the following:
1) Enter the water gently and swim quickly (with minimum of splashing) towards these gentle creatures
2) Be sure have your head in the water, but looking forward (not down). Invarialy, the whale shark will be swimming within 1-2m of the surface so scan in front.
3) When you enter the water and spot the whaleshark swim out to the side, taking a position to the side and behind the pectoral fin.
4) Do not restrict the movement or behavior of the shark.
5) Swim alongside the shark, being sure to provide sufficient room for your fellow ecotourists to also see the shark.
6) Do not attempt to touch or ride the whale shark
7) When taking photos, do not use your flash
8) Remain at least 4m from the tail of the shark; and 3-4m from the head
ONLINE BOOKING GUARANTEE
We would encourage early bookings (at least a month prior to arrival) to avoid disappointment as there is only a very limited number of visitors per day given permits to visit this natural wonder. This limitation was made in an effort by the local government to lessen the environmental impact that visitors may bring to the natural habitat of the whale sharks.
Taxes and Charges: Tour rates are quoted in Philippine Peso (PHP), per person and subject to 5% service charge and 12% Value Added Tax
Children below 2 years of age are allowed to join parents for FREE, children below 5 years of age get a Php 300.00 discount on all tours and fees. Children 5 years and above are considered adults for purposes of booking and confirmation. Life vest, mask and snorkles for children are available on site.
CARING FOR DESTINATION
In line with our WHL Eco-certification we provide a sit in or join in tour where other guest may join you in the van to assist in the reduction of our carbon footprint on the environment. By booking your tour with us you can be assured that your impact on the environment is as minimal as possible.
VALUE ADDED INCLUSIONS
- Roundtrip Air-Conditioned Transportation
- Tour Facilitator and Guide
- All Entrance Fees
- Breakfast served in Oslob – Whale Sharks Viewing Area
- Native Lunch with one round of Drinks
- Banca Boat Fees
- Entrances for the Whale Shark Viewing
- Side trip to Tumalog Falls, Baluarte, Cuartel Ruins and Carcar Town
- Bottled Water along the Trip
- Pick up and drop off at the Hotel (Cebu City and Mactan Island)
Book for more than 50 people, contact us directly
Hotel Pick-up and Drop Off
This package tour is for watching only and snorkeling fees are not included. If you wish to snorkel, there is an additional fee of PHP500 per person on arrival.
Sightings of whale sharks are guaranteed. The whale sharks of Oslob, Cebu has continued to be sighted everyday as the local fishermen have instituted a regular feeding program which allows visitors to see this spectacle daily which happens a few meters away from the shore. Regular feeding time is from early morning till noon only. In the unlikely event that there are no whale shark sightings due to inclement weather, we will enable to reschedule your visit to another day.
Customize it Book Now